Aspiro provided timely and effective on-site support, well managed the communication between the EBRD, GMM and the tenderers; helped to GMM to mitigate the risks that arose during the tender processes and played a key role in successful procurement of new 56 CNG buses under the EBRD PP&R without any complaint.
About the Client:
The EBRD invests to build up effective market economies across three continents and to make a positive impact on people’s lives. With a focus on private sector investment and support for policy reform, EBRD works to ensure that economies in the operated regions are competitive, inclusive, well-governed, sustainable, resilient and integrated.
Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality (GMM) established Gaziulaş in 1992. GMM has 170 municipal buses, which operate on 81 routes. GMM’s municipal bus fleet serves approximately 56,400 passengers per day. Both the LRT network and municipal buses are operated by Gaziulaş. Gaziulaş is responsible for planning, operating, managing, and monitoring municipal bus services.
- Provide project management support to the City’s Transportation Department to co-ordinate, administer, manage, monitor and evaluate all aspects of the Project, including project implementation, contract and financial administration;
- Provide support in preparation of all reports required by the EBRD for implementation of the project and the loan to be submitted on schedule;
- Ensure that the project’s risks mitigating measures are duly implemented;
- Define the procurement strategy of the 50 CNG buses tender following market research and best practice in tenders under EBRD Procurement Policies & Rules
- Prepare tender documents for 2-stage tender for procurement of goods; execution of the tendering procedure for goods and related services including evaluation of tenders with winner to be selected based on 10-year TCO-based evaluation method
- Drafting tender evaluation reports;
- Administration of contract implementation;
“Aspiro helped us to facilitate the timely and effective implementation of the Project by providing assistance in the implementation; including design, all aspects of procurement and disbursement, and environmental and social (E&S) requirements.
Despite the difficulties in the procurement process, our consultant Aspiro has always been with us, guided us through quality experts, and helped us to avoid problems in the tender process.”
Sezer Cihan, Secretary General,
Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality